Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wow, that's a lot of paper!

I'm sure that most if not all papercrafters have the same problem - what to do with the tons (literally!) of paper we accumulate. My solution for 8.5 x 11 cardstock was a couple of Cropper Hopper totes on wheels. This was working okay when all I had was Stampin' Up! cardstock. But as I accumulated more paper from other companies, my storage system began to fail me. And my 12 x 12 paper really needed a new place to be, as well. The Cropper Hopper totes can be used for 12 x 12, so I set out to find a new way to store my 8.5 x 11. I checked on Craigslist to see if there were any file cabinets available that would fit my needs. I was surprised and thrilled to discover that one of the thrift-type stores that I've driven by countless times is actually completely dedicated to donated office furniture, and their sales benefit a local children's hospital. I went to check it out and found row upon row of filing cabinets. Look what I got! A three drawer lateral cabinet, which holds way more paper than I currently have (one drawer is still empty). It's also the perfect height for my paper cutter and Big Shot.



No comments: