Monday, April 16, 2012

Using what I have for some bright spring cards

I get a lot of inspiration from the Papertrey Ink design team members. Here are a couple of cards that I made using stamps from other companies along with inspiration from the design team.

First up is a card inspired by Maile Belles. Click on her name to see the lovely card that inspired me (scroll down - it's the last card in her post). I loved the colors and the way she cut out the edge of the card along the outline of the butterflies. I bought the Amuse butterfly set called Papillon awhile back and was eager to use it. I have hundreds of butterfly stamps, but I think these may be the most beautiful ones of all. Here's my take on it:
 


Details: stamps - Papillon (Amuse), Thankful Blossoms (Verve); ink - Fresh Ink Pool, Amuse Grass, Amuse Blueberry, Versafine Onyx Black

Next is a card inspired by Jess Witty. Click on her name to see the beautiful inspiration card (scroll down to the pink/orange/yellow heart card). I really liked the colors of Jess's card as well as the repeating elements. I used a stamp from an old Fancy Pants stamp set. It's one horizontal line of diamonds. I used it eight times; two times each in four different colors. I flipped the stamp over each time I used it so that the text wouldn't look identical each time.


Details: stamps - Bella Brush (Fancy Pants), It's Your Birthday (Stampin' Up); ink - Memento Cantaloupe, SU Cameo Coral, SU Regal Rose, Memento Rosebud, Versafine Onyx Black

9 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wonderful cards!!!! Maile and Jessica are so inspiring!

Winnie said...

Such pretty cards. I love the shape of the butterfly card and the great colors!

Sue in Canada said...

Beautiful card...I just "cased" it a little. Would you mind if I use it for a class on Saturday?

Suzie McFloozy said...

These are both beautiful x I love the ombré effect you created on the second but I ADORE the butterfly edge card - the colour tones you chose are so beautifully calming x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Renee said...

Simply Beautiful! I have a question about this card, can you email me at nayzieg@yahoo.com

thanks!

Carla said...

LOVE the butterfly card! I have cased it on my blog and given a link to your blog. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. If you wanted to have a look, this is the link:
http://carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/for-love-of-pinterest.html
Carla

Tam said...

I have to tell you your butterfly card is way prettier than Mallie's. I like the colors you chose and the butterfly set.

Daria said...

Lovely cards. I'm especially drawn to the butterfly card. TFS.

Daria said...

Lovely cards. I'm especially drawn to the butterfly card. TFS.