Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Christmas in February?

This card was created from a sketch. I don't use sketches much, but I enjoyed working with this one.

While looking for a stamp to use instead of the flower I don't have (yet), I came upon the Snowflake Serenade set, and thought the snowflake would stand in nicely for the flower. So I made a few Christmas cards. Never too early to get started, right?

You can check out the sketch I used, and see how I modified it to use the supplies I had on hand. I didn't have the ribbon that Nichole used, but I had a different ribbon of the right color. I only had clear buttons, so I embossed a little snowflake on the button to keep it from blending in quite so much. I also used silver cord instead of twine, and decided not to do any sewing on my card.




Details: stamps - Snowflake Serenade, Holiday Treats (the tiny snowflake on the button), Holiday Wishes, Silent Night; paper - Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado; ink - Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado; accessories - slit punch, 1" circle punch, ripe avocado dotted satin ribbon, clear button, clear embossing powder, silver cord

No comments: