Monday, June 23, 2008

County fair day

This weekend was the Middlesex (County) Show, so the girls and I decided to attend while Darrell worked. The day was bright and sunny, and very windy. The show was much like any county fair that I've been to in the states. There were rides and games, arts and crafts, and vendors selling all manner of things for the home. The biggest difference between this fair and one in the U.S. was in the sport and competition categories. In the U.S., we have tractor pulls and 4H kids showing off their prize livestock (among other things, of course). Here, there were ferret races, sheepdog herding demonstrations, lawnmower races, falconry exhibitions, and an amateur dog show.

Here are a couple of the parrots from the show put on by Polly's Parrots, a parrot rescue organization. Aren't they beautiful?



And here are the girls doing bungee trampoline jumping!

This is so random and strange, I just have to show it to you. The carousel horses all had names on their necks, and there were two named Darrell and Chris! No, the child in the second photo is not mine; I just didn't get a good photo of the horse with nobody on it.


And last but not least, the girls having fun on the ferris wheel. Hope you had a fun and sunny weekend wherever you are!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time in England! Enjoyed reading at seeing all your photos. Too funny about the horses names.

Colleen O said...

Hello Chris,
I found your blog by following a nugget box link, to your cool custom 6x6 boxes(which I may use this very day), to your blog. I thought I should check it out because I too am a forty something mom of two girls who likes to do crafty things with my ands and yoga!
Namaste!
Colleen D