Thursday, June 5, 2008

Absent blogger returns!

I'm back! Did you miss me? I have a million excuses for not posting for a month. But they're all lame, other than the small fact that I haven't actually stamped much lately.

I do, however, have a doozy of an excuse for this week. And you get to hear it, because I earned this pity party fair and square, and I get to whine to everyone who will listen. Yesterday was the last day of school for my daughters, who just finished 2nd and 4th grades. Today is the younger daughter's birthday. So we were happily planning end of school, birthday party, and the really big deal - an all-summer trip to England, where my husband is working for several months. We are due to fly out on Monday. So what could possibly throw a monkey wrench into the plans? Chicken pox! My younger daughter, the birthday girl, came down with them on the eve of the last school day. So now we wait and watch, rearrange our schedules, postpone the birthday party, get doctor's notes so that airlines won't penalize us for changing our flights, etc. This is just not the way I envisioned this week going! On the plus side, it has forced us all to slow down from the crazy pace we'd been at for the past two weeks. And my daughter is actually in pretty good spirits, especially considering that she's quarantined on the first day of summer break, on her birthday!

Okay, whine over. Here's a card that I made for a swap and was holding out on you until the swaps arrived at their destinations. I just love the Out on a Limb stamp set!

Details: stamps - Out on a Limb; paper - stampers select white, summer sunrise, lemon tart, bitty baby blessings; ink - chocolate chip (SU), spring moss, lavender moon; accessories - spring moss twill ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder Birds & Swirls, horizontal slot punch (SU), dimensionals

4 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

I love this card! Hope you liked mine! :D

Erin... said...

wow!! chicken pox in summer that just stinks!! beautiful card!

Erin McKinney said...

This is beautiful!!!

Thanks for all the neat pics from your vacation!

Lynn said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and texture.