Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy stripe scraps

While at the scrapbook retreat, I decided to make a sheet of striped paper from “scraps”. They weren’t really scraps – I cut strips from whole sheets of patterned paper, but it would be a great way to use scraps if I’d had some with me on the retreat. I glued strips down to a half sheet of cardstock and then started die cutting stars from it, with the intention of using the stars on some cards. My plans went slightly off track when I saw the negative image left by cutting three stars out of the sheet. I loved it so much that I quickly trimmed it to card front size so that I wouldn’t mess it up. This is the card that resulted, and it’s easily in my top five cards that I’ve ever made.

IMG_0320

Details: stamps – Birthday Bash Sentiments (“happy”), Mother (“birthday”), Everyday Classics (star); ink – Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Sweet Plum (all Memento); paper – Stampers Select White, Bitty Dot Basics, Bitty Box Basics, Distressed Dots; dies – Seeing Stars

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Love your card. Going to have to copy this technique.