For a couple of days, I've been muttering to myself about the lack of a clock in my relocated stamping room. Then while rummaging around in my piles, I found a clock in the dreaded "alterables" stash.
To cover the clock face, I chose the Perhaps collection from Basic Grey. My new room has yellow walls and this paper will go beautifully in there. As expected, I couldn't decide on just one or even four or five papers, so I embarked on a plan to use twelve different patterns. I drew a full-size pattern the size of my clock face plus a one inch border on grid paper (actually two pieces of grid paper taped together). Then I used a quilting ruler to get the 30- and 60-degree lines needed for my twelve sections. Once I had the pattern, I cut the sections apart and used them to trace the necessary shapes on the back of the patterned paper. Then it was just a matter of gluing them on to the clock using Tombow Mono Multi glue.
Being a stamper, I of course had to stamp on the clock. I chose a variety of inspirational words. I stamped them all in Always Artichoke ink. I also added a bunch of spirals, stamped off once in Always Artichoke.
Stampin' Up! - Everyday Flexible Phrases, Expressive Flexible Phrases, Letterpress Numbers
Invoke Arts - Artwords II
other - Believe, Spiral Bouquet
Gel-a-tins - Spiral Symphony
After stamping, I added Spring Moss wide grosgrain ribbon all around the edges of the clock with hot glue. I found a new use for my bone folder - smoothing down the hot-glued ribbon as I went to keep the glue from forming a thick line under the ribbon.
This was a fun and surprisingly quick project. It came together in just a couple of hours.