Saturday, April 9, 2011

Butterfly sympathy

Sympathy cards are no fun to make at the last minute. I always prefer to have a supply on hand so that I can take my time and not feel rushed. I want them to be special. Here's one that I especially enjoyed making, and love the way it turned out.


The edges of the sheet music panel were sponged with the tea dye ink, which is also what I used to stamp the music. I also used it to stamp one of the images from Butterfly Dreams onto the die cut butterflies, which were cut from Basic Grey's Indian Summer paper.

Details - stamps: Background Basics: Sheet Music, Butterfly Dreams, Brighter Tomorrow (Stampin' Up retired); ink: Ruby Red (Stampin' Up), Chamomile Vintage Touch tea dye ink; paper: Vintage Cream, Ruby Red (Stampin' Up), Indian Summer (Basic Grey); accessories: Butterfly die

2 comments:

Vera said...

This is a lovely sympathy card, Chris! Love the music background with the butterflies. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mindy said...

I just love the font on the sympathy card and the subtle music notes. Well done!!!