Melanie has tagged me to tell you some random things about me. I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm sure it will be really easy to tell you 7 things about me that you don't already know.
1. I grew up in Kansas, and it's a really great place. Yes, parts (okay, most parts) of Kansas are pretty darned flat, but it's beautiful. I may be a bit biased because my grandfather was a wheat farmer, but I love the fields when the wheat is almost ready for harvest. Another thing I love is driving down the road and seeing a sign marking the location of the Chisholm Trail and being able to easily imagine what the land looked like when a horse was the best method of transportation.
2. I've been married for over 20 years. My husband and I met my first week of college, and were friends for four years. We finally figured out that we might be more than friends just a couple of months before I graduated. And here we are, being grown-ups with two kids. Strange how that happens.
3. I'm a chronic volunteer. I love to belong to organizations that suit my life and interests and am always happy to help out. This has led me to holding lots of volunteer positions with many groups. I've frequently been a newsletter editor, since I'm pretty computer savvy, not to mention always online. I'm currently the Copy Queen for my kids' school PTA. Yes, I took the job for the title. How often do you have the chance to land a royal title for your volunteer resume? The job sounds pretty fancy, huh? What it really means is that I stand in line for the copier a lot while getting to know every teacher and aide in the school. And since I enjoy hanging out and chatting with people, it suits me well.
4. I talk a lot. Really. I rarely will give a ten word answer if I can do it in a hundred. No idea why.
5. I love puzzles of all kinds. Jigsaw puzzles are great fun. I also love the kind with pieces of wood, metal rings, and string, where you have to take them apart and then put them back together even though something about it looks totally impossible. And I'm a sudoku junkie. I always have multiple sudoku books in progress - the harder the better.
6. I'm a little bit OCD about my hobbies. I tend to fall for a hobby head over heels, collecting every possible thing that you could ever want to use. If something comes in hundreds of colors, sign me up for at least one of each!
7. I like to imagine that I could be a minimalist, with a clean house with nice wide open rooms. Never gonna happen. See number 6 above for at least one reason. I am getting a lot better at letting stores STORE things for me. I mean, really, I live within five miles of every single store known to mankind (and multiples of some of them!) With the exception of some places that aren't open when I need something (grumble, grumble, why do I always want something from Hobby Lobby on Sunday?) there is not much reason for me to have every possible item in my possession at all times. I love shopping for organizing stuff, but for some reason, I never seem to get a lot more organized.
Hmm. I need to tag some more people. Let's see, how about:
Heather, Robyn, April, Teresa, and Elaine.