Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sunflower note

Here’s another fun card from the scrapbooking weekend. I love, love, love Simple Sunflower. I was born and raised in Kansas, where it’s the state flower, so that’s my excuse for my adoration of the lovely sunflower. This is just about my all-time favorite sunflower stamp set, and I’ve owned (and sold) a bunch of them!

IMG_0298

Details: stamps – Simple Sunflower, Background Basics: Sheet Music, Accent Notes (Verve); cardstock – Kraft, Pure Poppy, White; ink – Chocolate Chip (Stampin’ Up), Cantaloupe (Memento), Bamboo Leaves (Memento); dies – Simple Sunflower, Eyelet Lace

Here’s what I took with me on the retreat, in case you’re wondering:

one DVD box of stamps – I focused on birthday, thank you and thinking of you sentiments, and chose a variety of stamp image categories – a few flowers, circles, backgrounds, frames, flourishes, leaves, trees

ink – I only took a handful of full size pads (dark chocolate, crumb cake, bermuda bay, real red, and lucky limeade from SU, Versafine onyx black, Versamark) and at the last minute I decided to bring along my box of 24 dew drop Memento inks

cardstock – full packages of kraft, white, pure poppy; a handful of sheets of bermuda bay, lucky limeade; about 15 sheets of patterned paper in various colors taken from bitty dot basics, bitty box basics, and distressed dots collections

tools – Big Shot, box of dies, a couple of embossing folders, Tonic paper cutter

That’s all I took other than my usual stamping “kit” – scissors, adhesives, etc. I was surprised how much stuff everyone else brought compared to me! And then the funny thing was that when people were looking for something specific in terms of stamps or dies, I was often the one who had it. So I guess I packed pretty well. I’ll definitely do the limited color scheme thing in the future. I had plenty to play with, but not having every single color of ink and paper available to me really helped to focus my energy.

No comments: