Sunday, April 14, 2013

CASE Study #136

I have admired the work of JJ Bolton for a long time, so I'm thrilled to see that she's this month's muse for the CASE Study challenge! This week's inspiration card is an awesome one - so fabulous, in fact, that I had already CASEd it before.

Here's the inspiration piece by JJ:


For this week's challenge, I wanted to try something different. The little chevron stamp in the To You From Me set from Papertrey was the very stamp that sold me on the set. It's also a perfect choice for creating a stamped version of JJ's design. This stamped version ended up being even more labor-intensive than the die cut original. Lots of cleaning of the stamp, and the use of my Stamp-a-ma-jig - yes, it's sometimes needed even with clear stamps! I love the way it turned out, though, so it was worth the effort. I admit that I made multiple cards so that I could get a few impressions before cleaning the stamp every time.


Details: stamps - To You From Me (PTI), Movers & Shakers Sentiments (PTI); ink - Burano, Cranberry, Watermelon, Ocean, Evergreen, Blackberry (all Amuse), Mango (Fresh Ink), Onyx Black (Versafine); cardstock - stampers select white, kraft (PTI); other - Corner Chomper, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Here is the card that I made awhile ago - this is not my entry for this week's challenge, but I wanted to show it because JJ's instructions for making the card are fantastic and resulted in a set of gorgeous cards.


Details: stamps - Birthday Bash Sentiments (PTI); cardstock - stampers select white (PTI), kraft (PTI), and lots of miscellaneous colors (PTI and SU); ink - Onyx Black (Versafine); dies - XL Rickrack (PTI), Double Ended Banner (PTI); other - Corner Chomper

5 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Totally and completely blown away by both cards! These are truly fantastic Chris!!

Teneale Williams said...

You have been busy! They both look great. Thanks for playing at CASE study.

Teneale

Maureen said...

oh, both cards you made are adorable! Good for you for trying it again with a new design! Just proves that you can interpret the same card several ways :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study:)

Andrea Ewen said...

Both are stunning...fabulous use of the chevrons! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

cbuswell said...

Wow, you did an amazing job with these! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!