Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CASE Study Challenge #74

I decided to play along with the CASE Study Challenge this week. The muse right now is Jen Rzasa, who is one of my “must read” bloggers. I loved Jen’s design (see below), so I stayed with the same layout. I had scraps of the distressed dots paper on my table, so they became the focal point. I think this card is a first – I don’t think I’ve ever used fourteen dimensionals on a card that could end up being sent to a man!

The distressed dots paper started off as squares cut to 1 1/8 inch on my paper cutter. The black paper was punched with a 1 1/4 inch square punch. I used my corner chomper’s 1/2 inch cut to round opposite corners of all of the squares.

Here's my card:

IMG_0340

Details: stamps – Birthday Bash Sentiments; paper – Rustic Cream; ink – Versafine Onyx Black; tools – 1 1/4 inch square punch (Stampin’ Up), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

Here is the inspiration card by Jen for this week:

image

4 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Way to rock the inspiration, Chris! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xo

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Chris, Lovely CASE, the polkas are great,:0) Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, love this card! Will be trying it out asap today. Especially appreciate having the measurements for the rounded squares. Ann in IL

Inkyfingers said...

Great job on the case Chris. I love the CAS design and the shape reminds me of the PTI Modern Basics stamps. Love the colours.